Principal Commercial Advisor (Origination)
Job no: 499891
Work type: Fixed term
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Technical and Operations, VIC - Melbourne CBD
- Opportunity to be part of the LNG Import Project team in Victoria
- Join an ASX 50 organisation that is leading market innovation to ensure an affordable, reliable, and competitive source of gas supply is available to the market
- Work with a high performing team with great team culture
About the Role
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians.
Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Principal Commercial Advisor to join the LNG Import Project team. The Principal Commercial Advisor-Origination, sits within the Energy Supply & Origination division of Wholesale Markets. The Principal Commercial Advisor will be able to leverage an existing strong understanding of gas supply agreements based on proven years of gas sales and commercial experience. The role will require in depth of knowledge gas supply agreements, gas transportation and project development matters and experience in having negotiated such agreements.
- The Principal Commercial Advisor will report initially to the LNG Originator, assisting in the negotiation of LNG Sales and Purchase Agreements;
- In coordination with internal and external legal resources, support the negotiation of binding Sales and Purchase agreements and develop Board Papers to obtain approvals for SPA execution;
- The successor will work closely with the Portfolio Planning and Optimisation team to arrange a LNG procurement strategy that remains fully aligned and integrated with AGL’s broader wholesale gas strategy;
- Requires a deep understanding and communicate the threats and opportunities in relation to LNG procurement strategies; whilst supporting the negotiation of a broad range of commercial agreements in support of the LNG Import Project.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in gas marketing or related commercial aspect of the business;
- Experience in leading GSA and GTA negotiation, gas industry commercial agreements or M&A negotiations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team environment and autonomously;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proactive individual with high levels of initiative;
- High level of business acumen and awareness – handles queries (including timeframes) by considering AGL’s wider business priorities;
- Committed to confidential management of information;
- Confident at liaising with people from all levels of the business and building relationships and credibility across the AGL business in order to support the development of projects.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. AGL has a diverse power generation portfolio including base, peaking and intermediate generation plants, spread across traditional thermal generation as well as renewable sources including hydro, wind, landfill gas and biomass. AGL is taking action toward creating a sustainable energy future for our investors, communities, and customers.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please contact Bridie Butcher on email@example.com
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now