Lead Digital Developer
Job no: 499813
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
The Lead Digital Developer is responsible for the coding, analysis and design of digital solutions, while contributing to testing, continuous integration and deployment activities. They also work closely with their immediate team developers and the solution architect to form and define solutions. They have direct line management responsibility for the developers in their team.
- Design and develop software with activities that include coding, testing, deployment scripting and configuration in all relevant domains and related technologies
- Manage a team of digital developers
- Develop components to support architectural test patterns using best practice and design patterns
- Translate product owner expectations into fully developed functionality that meets the customer requirements
- Develop high quality unit tests, integration tests and automated UI/API tests
- Collaborate, experiment and contribute in an agile software team
- Contribute to system analysis, solution (functional & technical) design and feasibility activities
- Deliver quality products through collaboration with QA, BA and UX specialists
- Driving continuous improvement
- Being an active participant in relevant forums and respectfully contributing opinions
- Be a champion of process improvement from both the technology and people perspective
- A demonstrated ability to define and deliver quality focused business outcomes
- An ability to encourage others to contribute their perspective and depth of experience
- A person to play the key technical focal point of a team, leading by example
- Experience of both AGL’s API tech stack; .Net, C#, Angular
- A team focused individual, who enables team success through demonstrating best practice
- An individual with experience mentoring and working with others on their career growth
- An understanding of current development trends and a willingness to adapt to use the right technology to solve team challenges
- A person who has their own unique experiences, and shares learning to enhance the team’s delivery capability
- An ability to engage with key business stakeholders to ensure the team focus on solving the right problem in the right way
- An ability to pragmatically challenge the way we work and drive improvement to development and business practice
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Gain exposure and experience with all types of projects, large strategic to tactical and delivery focused, spanning across all of AGL’s value streams and channels.
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
30% employee discount on usage and service charges for AGL gas and electricity.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 180 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Embrace a change where your actions will make a difference. Apply today!
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now