Analytics Specialist - Credit
Job no: 499795
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
The Consumer Credit team has functional and strategic responsibility for all processes relating to the credit management of AGL’s consumer customer base. Consumer Credit's key goals is to keep overdue accounts to a reasonably low level, prevent bad debts, whilst consuming the least amount of resources, and contributing to the enrichment of our customer's experience.
It has the accountability for delivering positive debt performance and the following critical business priorities:
- Provision of best-in-class in consumer debt management; moving from reactive collection to proactive prevention
- A reduction in bad debt and operating expenses, improved days sales outstanding (DSO) and cash flow, a positive customer experience and reduced churn
- Dynamic and agile responses to changing business and market conditions
The Analytics Specialist will be positioned within Credit Operations and is responsible for providing actionable, short and long-term insights on AGL’s consumer debtor segments and operational processes. You will be working with key stakeholders to define, prioritise and deliver effective analytics over the team’s core functional responsibility areas.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ad-hoc / Variance Analysis
- Data extraction, transformation and delivery (e.g. regulatory requests)
- Forecasting and Scenario Analysis (financial, customer, and process)
- Customer Behavioural Monitoring
- Process and Control
- Data visualisation, effective information and insight conveyance
- Automation of transformation of reporting
- Experience in analytical roles providing insight upwards and instigating insight based programs of work
- Tertiary qualification in Business / IT / Commerce / related business discipline
- Experience in data extraction, engineering, management/warehousing and mining skills, e.g. MS SQL Server, SAP HANA, HADOOP, Excel, etc.
- Experiencing delivering visualised insight artefacts on platforms such as MS Power BI, Tableau or SAP Business Objects (e.g. Web Intelligence)
- Experience using analytical tools such as R, Spark, H2O, Python on large datasets or commercial alternatives such SAS, MATLAB, SPSS would be highly regarded
- Proven interpersonal skills with high quality written and verbal communication
- Experience in conducting segmentation, customer profiling and behavioural monitoring
- Experience in preparation of financial models and business cases desirable
- Experience in credit risk and collections analytics desirable
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now