Senior Digital Developer- Full Stack
Job no: 499716
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the role
The senior digital developer is responsible for the coding, analysis and design of digital solutions, while contributing to testing, continuous integration and deployment activities. They also work closely with the lead digital developer and solution architect to form and define solutions.
The senior digital developer works as part of an agile team. They deliver high quality applications that meet or exceed customer expectations. Collaboration is at the core of our agile teams. Our developers work with a wide range of technologies and are encouraged to explore new ones.
At AGL, our senior digital developers are deployed on cross functional agile teams to deliver solutions for our customers. We use the scaled agile framework (SAFe), therefore it means that not only do we work with our team, we work collaboratively with other teams within our own release train. Our solutions cut across the entire technology stack which includes digital, SAP and data.
- Digital platform development ensuring development standards are adhered to and that components are developed to support architectural test patterns
- Clarification of product owner expectations, and translation of those expectations into fully developed functionality that meets the customer requirements
- Design and development activities including coding, testing, deployment scripting and configuration areas in all relevant domains and related technologies
- Develop high quality code that leverages existing code libraries, use existing patterns and architectural techniques where they exist
- Develop high quality unit tests, integration test and automated UI/API tests
- Solid understanding and experience in implementing testable software using best practices and design patterns
- Drive continuous improvement and mentoring growth in other developers in the team
- Proven industry experience as a full stack developer
- Experience working in an agile team utilising the scrum tool set
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Demonstrated stakeholder management bridging the technology and business stack
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery and source control
- Looking for Angular 5 experience as our Single Page Application Framework
- Some technologies we use are HTML5, CSS3, SASS and Typescript
- We use WebAPI to develop our APIs.
- Some technologies we use are C#, ASP.Net MVC, Web API and XUnit
- Our APIs are hosted in Azure. Any experience of Cloud will be looked at.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now