Lead Software Engineer (Machine Learning)
Job no: 499673
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
This role exists to manage the production operations of our expanding suite of data science models, taking responsibility for their effective running and accurate results. These models drive interactions with our 3.6m customers based on complex machine learning and statistical algorithms. The role is part of a team that comprises several functions including data science, decisioning, campaign delivery, data and measurement.
- Solve complex business problems in partnership with a team of analysts and data scientists, including developing decisioning solutions using machine learning, predictive and adaptive modelling.
- Shape and influence the development of AGL’s technical platform to support new and existing data science models.
- Design and implement automated processes and dashboards to monitor the operation of models, including their accuracy, performance and robustness, providing appropriate visibility as required to others including management, business stakeholders and data scientists.
- Respond to support issues, working collaboratively with the assigned data scientists and DevOps people.
- Proactively identify issues and strive to continuously improve the quality of modelling processes with respect to accuracy, performance and robustness. For example, research outlier cases that may be invalid, or identify gaps in code quality and testing.
- Agree coding standards, peer review and testing standards with data science and data engineers that ensure high quality, efficient and robust code.
- Highly conscientious with a relentless focus on providing the best service in every single interaction with every one of our customers.
- Experience developing or supporting complex mathematical calculations.
- Experience with setting up, operating and diagnosing issues with tools and processes in a production environment.
- Strong technical skills including detailed knowledge of either R or Python, and SQL. Other desirable skills include knowledge of Spark and one of its APIs (Scala, Python, Java), knowledge of dashboard tools (e.g. Tableau or similar), familiarity with version control systems (e.g. git, SVN), experience with automated testing.
- Broad background knowledge and comfort with data science techniques, mathematics and statistics.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working, we call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Sujitha Ramesh on 03 8633 6921.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now