Job no: 499672
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Modelling Analyst whose role is central to a broader cultural shift for AGL from Mass to Personalized retailer by providing the best possible understanding of our customers that enables us to optimize every one of our interactions with them.
You will be part of a team that comprises several functions including advanced analytics, decisioning, campaign delivery, data and measurement.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Contribute to the delivery of custom solutions to wide-ranging business problems by designing, prototyping and implementing algorithms and models.
- Build AGL’s decisioning capability by using machine learning, predictive and adaptive modelling to predict the optimal action in every customer interaction.
- Explore opportunities to extract maximum value from all available data sources.
- Implement models and algorithms via high quality, efficient and robust code to be implemented directly in production systems.
- Develop an awareness of opportunities to create value for AGL.
- Involvement in or ownership of all aspects of small projects, including engaging stakeholders, managing expectations, project managing delivery and communicating progress and outcomes.
- Consult with and make recommendations to architects and developers.
- Stay at the cutting edge of technology by striving for continuous self-improvement.
- Present solutions and clearly articulate technical aspects to a non-technical audience.
- Experience (possibly in an academic context) in specifying complex mathematical calculations.
- Good working knowledge of statistical theory and practical techniques and an ability to apply these to design models and algorithms.
- Ability to identify where opportunities exist to make incremental improvements to processes, combined with the drive to see these through.
- Degree educated in a quantitative discipline or extensive industry experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills and highly numerate.
- Broad background knowledge of analytics techniques.
- Experience with developing and debugging code in an academic, sandpit or production environment.
- Good presentation, communication and influencing skills.
- Hands-on experience working with R, Python, SQL, Tableau, Lumira, Hadoop would be highly regarded.
- Innovative thinker with the drive to see ideas through to fruition.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Sujitha Ramesh on 03 8633 6912 or email@example.com.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now