Lead Data Scientist
Job no: 499671
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Data Scientist whose role is central to a broader cultural shift for AGL from Mass to Personalized retailer by providing the best possible understanding of our customers that enables us to optimize every one of our interactions with them.
You will be part of a team that comprises several functions including advanced analytics, decisioning, campaign delivery, data and measurement.
Depending on project requirements, the Lead Data Scientist will lead a small team to deliver the project and at other times they will contribute to a broader team.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Lead the delivery of custom solutions to wide-ranging business problems by designing, prototyping and implementing algorithms and models.
- Take a lead role in building AGL’s decisioning capability by using machine learning, predictive and adaptive modelling to predict the optimal action in every customer interaction.
- Explore and coach others in exploiting opportunities to extract maximum value from all available data sources.
- Implement models and algorithms via high quality, efficient and robust code to be implemented directly in production systems.
- Engage with, educate and influence internal business stakeholders.
- Effectively managing all aspects of small or medium sized projects.
- Close engagement with associated architects and developers to assist with and support effective deployment of models.
- Present solutions and clearly articulate technical aspects to a non-technical audience.
- Degree educated in a quantitative discipline or extensive industry experience.
- Experience in a commercial or government organization in developing complex mathematical calculations.
- Highly numerate- Expert knowledge of statistical theory and practical techniques.
- Experience with setting up, operating and diagnosing issues with tools and processes in a production environment.
- Strong diagnostic, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Broad background knowledge of data science techniques
- Hands-on experience working with R, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Tableau, Lumira or similar would be highly regarded.
- Familiarity with version control (e.g. git, SVN), and experience with automated testing.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Sujitha Ramesh on 03 8633 6912 or email@example.com.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now