Front End - Digital Developer
Job no: 499666
Work type: Fixed term
Location: NSW - George Street
About the Role
At AGL, we’re always one step ahead to bring the future closer. That’s why we’re creating and embracing new technology for a greener Australia. We are wanting to create products that will change how you think about and use energy. Be part of the New Energy group who are creating a whole range of innovative technological advancements that threaten to disrupt the energy sector.
Reporting to the Technical team manager you will be coding, analysing, and designing digital solutions, while contributing to testing, continuous integration and deployment activities.
On an initial 6 month contract, you will be working as part of an agile team who deliver high quality applications that meet or exceed customer expectations. Our developers work with a wide range of technologies and are encouraged to explore new ones
In this role, you will;
- Develop digital platforms as per clarification of product owner expectations, and translation of those expectations into fully developed functionality that meets the customer requirements
- Design and development activities including coding, testing, deployment scripting and configuration areas in all relevant domains and related technologies.
- Contribute to system analysis, solution (functional & technical) design and feasibility activities
- Develop high quality code that leverages existing code libraries, use existing patterns and architectural techniques where they exist.
- Develop high quality unit tests, integration test and automated UI/API tests
- Deliver quality product through collaboration with Testers, Business Analysts and UX specialists
- Working with testers and UX specialists to complete testing
- Participate in identifying process, quality and system improvements, continuously learn new techniques, methodologies and technologies
- Tertiary qualification majoring in technology or technology-related subjects, or appropriate industry experience
- Good understanding of test driven development, continuous integration and building high quality solutions
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement attractive and performant web applications
- Wireframing and design experience preferred.
- Technical skills:
- Front end web development
- Angular as a Single Page Application Framework (ideally v4experience)
- Python, Django, SQL
- Visualisation libraries like d3, bokeh or alternatives
What’s in it for you?
You will be working for AGLs innovation accelerator, New Energy, with some exposure to the most innovative products in the energy industry
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Tanya on 0392738718
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now