Senior Corporate Lawyer - Wholesale Markets
Job no: 499652
Work type: Fixed term
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Legal and Regulatory
About the Role
Join the Infrastructure, Utilities and Energy Team of the Year 2017 (Lawyers Weekly Corporate Counsel Awards) and work with highly skilled senior lawyers to develop your career!
We are looking for an engaging and proactive Senior Corporate Lawyer to join on an 18-month fixed term contract, where you will play a key role with providing crucial legal services for our Wholesale Markets area, with focus on gas but opportunity to be involved with wholesale initiatives across AGL’s diverse energy portfolio.
Reporting into the General Manager Legal – Wholesale Markets, the successful candidate will get the chance to work on wholesale gas matters from an inhouse perspective.
You will also be responsible for;
- Drafting and negotiating a range of complex commercial contracts including gas sales and transportation agreements
- Leading and representing AGL on projects, transactional work, litigation, regulatory investigations, and other initiatives
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the regulatory environment and advising on and participating on regulatory developments affecting the Wholesale Markets Unit
- Coordinating the delivery of legal training programs to develop awareness and understanding of legal issues
We are looking for an individual who has a positive attitude and wants to work for an organisation that has Australia’s biggest electricity generation portfolio and largest ASX-listed investor in renewable energy. You will also have;
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience in private practice or other corporate legal role (or both) with wholesale energy experience
- Ability to lead business change in response to changes in the regulatory environment.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Effectively represents AGL in important commercial negotiations.
- Fosters and develops relationships with clients and stakeholders at each opportunity
What’s in it for you?
Be part of an organisation that is leading the way with industry leading energy sourcing initiatives such as LNG Import feasibility study.
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Edith Chan on 03 8633 6575 or email@example.com. For all applications, please apply via the link provided.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now