Wholesale Markets Risk & Governance Advisor
Job no: 499644
Work type: Fixed term
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Wholesale Markets Risk and Governance Advisor for implementing risk management and control processes to act as an effective second line of defence to manage risk from Wholesale Markets’ activities.
This is a 12-month fixed term contract.
- Assist to draft and implement Wholesale Markets Risk policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and direction to the business through risk reviews and develop supporting infrastructure and internal processes for effective risk management within Wholesale Markets Risk.
- Review Wholesale Markets’ trading activities to determine whether they are consistent with policy guidelines and Wholesale Markets’ strategic objectives.
- Monitor compliance with AGL’s Treasury Policy as required and maintain, where required, the Treasury Policy schedules.
- Assess counterparty credit worthiness and assess contract measures to mitigate credit and other market and operational risk exposures.
- Implement the process to review and prepare non-standard contracts and the preparation of master agreements.
- Tertiary qualifications in a finance / commerce or legal discipline would be highly regarded
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Relationship management and customer orientated mind set
- Excellent decision making skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Project management experience
- Experience in utility and/or financial markets desirable
- Experience in middle office or risk management functions, including governance / policy writing and maintenance
- Experience developing and presenting documents at a senior level
What’s in it for you?
Fantastic earning potential with our generous incentive plan, paid monthly.
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Sujitha Ramesh on 03 8633 6921.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now