Head of Capital Programs
Job no: 499566
Work type: Full time
Location: NSW - Macquarie
Categories: Technical and Operations, NSW - Macquarie
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join AGL Macquarie onsite as a Senior Leader. Reporting to the General Manager AGL Macquarie, the Head of Capital Programs is responsible for budgeting, scoping, planning, scheduling and delivery of major projects including planned outages. This includes the provision of the project management, comprising of the establishment of external and internal delivery resources, delivery of projects works and full accountability for time, cost, and quality of delivery.
This role will work in close collaboration with the Head of Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance in delivering major projects and outage objectives. All works will be delivered in line with the Project Management Framework, supporting the achievement of the Assets operation and financial objects and targets.
- Lead the Capital Project team in the provision of project life cycle services that offer safe and cost-effective solutions
- Lead the delivery of effective scoping, planning, scheduling and management of major planned outages
- Responsible for the effective budgeting, planning and delivery of major capital works on Assets
- Responsible for Project Management Framework
- Provide exceptional leadership and lead the way in embedding the delivery to the Group Operations Leadership Expectations.
- Tertiary qualification in an Engineering or similar discipline
- Understanding financial and risk management principles
- Project management and supervision of multiple projects
- Contractor management of minor and major works
- Strong commercial acumen
- Understanding of the regulatory environment
- Strong leadership skills including developing, mentoring, and coaching.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working onsite at one of Australia’s largest generators of electricity which produces approximately 12% of the electricity needed by consumers in eastern Australia.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business whilst being supported by our new flexible ways of working and exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please contact Bridie Butcher on firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion call 03 8633 7914.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now