Senior Manager Government & Community Relations, Victoria
Job no: 499558
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Corporate Affairs and Communications
About the Role
This exciting role will work towards the achievement of AGL’s strategy to connect communities and key political stakeholders of interest with AGL’s vision, values and business goals in ways which build positive engagement. Victoria is an important area of focus for AGL from Loy Yang Power Station (produces one-third of Victoria’s electricity requirements) to new renewable projects.
The Government and Community Relations function is responsible for leading and directing AGL’s relationships with key State and Federal Government, business and community stakeholders. Reporting to the Head of Government and Community Relations, this role has a particular focus on these relationships within Victoria.
- Lead the community and government relations functions for AGL in Victoria.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with key government and community stakeholders in Victoria.
- Achieve policy and regulatory change to enable and support AGL’s strategic framework.
- Ensure government and community support for the timely delivery of AGL’s strategic priorities.
- Deliver best practice community engagement to support delivery of AGL’s projects.
- Support and coach the team of three to influence and negotiate desired outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal business units to ensure that all community engagement activity is aligned.
- 12 months fixed term position
We are looking for an individual who has excellent relationship building ability and be comfortable in a public facing role. You will also have;
- Substantial experience in Community Relations and/or Government roles
- Deep understanding of community issues and skills in strategic stakeholder management and consultation.
- People management and leadership experience.
- Energy sector experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Understanding of strategic frameworks for community and government engagement.
- Ability to craft compelling narratives across disparate policy areas.
- Tertiary level qualifications in related disciplines (e.g. Community engagement, corporate communications, commerce, policy or political science).
What’s in it for you?
Excellent exposure to AGL’s diverse business interests. Be AGL’s key representative and spokesperson in a constantly evolving energy industry.
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Edith Chan on 03 8633 6575 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For all applications, please apply via the link provided.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now