Project Manager - Power Development
Job no: 499550
Work type: Fixed term
Location: NSW - George Street
Categories: NSW - George Street
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the development of projects and business cases for utility scale power generation projects in the range of 100-500MW ($200-800m), specifically gas fired generation projects in NSW.
The role of Project Manager Power Development will contribute to the development and execution of AGL’s generation growth strategy by supporting the Manager Power Development.
- Site assessment, selection and securing of land tenure for sites for power generation projects, liaison with internal stakeholders and external resources
- Assist with managing environmental assessment and planning approvals
- Assist in implementation of the project implementation plans
- Identify, report and manage key risks associated with the development of the project.
- Manage contracts with external contracts with consultants and contractors for due diligence activities.
- Identify and communicate key issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in monitoring development expenditures against budgets and progress against schedules.
- Preparation of EPC tender documents, assessment of tenders and involvements with contract negotiations
- Development of business case for presentation to the AGL Board.
- Other duties as not listed above
Key to your success in this role will be your strong organisation, project management and negotiation skills, ideally acquired in the power generation industry, as well as your communication skills. In addition, you will bring to the role:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, such as a degree, either in business or technical related fields such as Engineering, Finance or Commerce.
- Experience of project development is mandatory, project permitting and/or project management preferred.
- Financial analysis and business acumen.
- Project, Regulatory and Risk management.
- Supporting the negotiation of very high value commercial agreements
- Experience managing numerous internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage the development of a project in a rapidly changing commercial environment
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now