Project Developer – Gas fired generation
Job no: 499550
Work type: Fixed term
Location: NSW - George Street
Categories: NSW - George Street
About the Role
Come on our journey and be part of new and exciting power generation projects within NSW. Based in our innovative and dynamic Sydney office, the role of Project Developer is to support the Manager of Power Development to implement AGL’s growth strategy
Be involved in the process from the very beginning through assisting with the execution of growth, business development, implementation of project plans and utilising your strong interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders internally and externally.
This is not a Construction Project Manager type of role, we are interested in candidates who have the skill set to manage the development of a project in a rapidly changing environment whilst being able to work collaboratively with the Manager.
Projects worked on will be in the range of 100-400MW ($200-800m), specifically gas fired generation projects in NSW.
You will be responsible for the development of projects and business cases. Your main duties will include:
- Site assessment, selection and securing of land tenure for sites for power generation projects
- Manage and co-ordinate preliminary site design and planning approvals process
- Liaison with internal stakeholders
- Preparation of EPC tender documents
- Assessment of tenders for construction
- Involvement with contract negotiations for both project construction (EPC Contract) and transmission connection agreement.
- Provide input to the AGL risk management process on the development.
- Assist in implementation of the project implementation plans to successfully deliver project outcomes within approved budgets and schedules.
- Monitor the achievement of development implementation plans and supporting budgets and advise as appropriate to ensure that they are achieved.
- Co-ordinate internal and external resources and contractors on the implementation of complex development projects on time and within budget.
- Assist the negotiation of the commercial and contractual relationships with contractors to ensure that they adequately manage AGL’s project risk. Review, report and where required implement actions to manage ongoing contractual key issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in monitoring development expenditures against budgets and progress against schedules.
- Provide input to monthly performance reports.
Please note ** This role is a fixed term opportunity for 24 months maximum**
Key to your success in this role will be your strong negotiation skills, ideally acquired in the power generation industry, as well as your communication skills. In addition, you will bring to the role:
- Experience of project development, project permitting and/or project management preferred
- Must demonstrate aptitude and a burning desire to be a part of the front-end project development process
- A relevant tertiary qualification, such as a degree, either in business or technical related fields such as Engineering, Finance or Commerce.
- Experience in electricity generation or related industry.
- Financial analysis and business acumen.
- Project, Regulatory and Risk management.
- Supporting the negotiation of very high value commercial agreements
- Experience managing numerous internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage the development of a project in a rapidly changing commercial environment
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now