Job no: 498534
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
Categories: VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
About the Role
Reporting into the Civil Superintendent, the role will primarily see you responsible for developing and maintaining the fire and water systems though the delivery of projects and maintenance works. You will utilise asset strategies, design and planning to deliver construction activities in accordance with site and relevant industry standards.
- Project management and delivery - Project management of civil construction and maintenance activities performed by service providers
- Infrastructure Planning – Develop and maintain asset plans / strategies in line with the Strategic Mine Plan and other mine planning processes
- Provision and management of Engineering expertise - Sound, cost effective engineering support to the activities of the Civil Group. Engineering scoping and supervision of technical and other professional specialists
- Budget development and financial control
- Business systems - Performance of a broad range of administrative duties associated with conducting and reporting on the Group’s activities, including the use of computer based work management and financial control systems
Key to your success in this role will be your extensive engineering knowledge and demonstrated ability to deliver in a demanding environment such as the mining industry and as well as your communication skills. In addition, you will bring to the role:
- Degree in Engineering (preferably Civil or Mechanical), or an equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrated engineering expertise in relation to fire and water systems – pumping, mains and delivery systems, detection and suppressions systems and their controls. An understanding of the other functions (earthworks practices, roadworks, building management) performed by the Infrastructure, Civil & Environment Section may be an advantage.
- Proven ability to deliver construction and maintenance activities balancing maintenance and system development requirements with health and safety and business risk.
- Advanced conceptual and reasoning ability
- An understanding of financial controls as well as advanced computer based business systems, with the ability to prepare cost estimates, develop budgets, and control expenditure
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now