Control Room Manager - Renewables
Job no: 498469
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Technical and Operations, VIC - Melbourne CBD
- Be part of a team that is innovative around improvements, new tools and systems
- Exciting new ventures all being dispatched from Melbourne – be part of this growth.
- Work within Renewables, an exciting time for AGL
About the role
Based in our modern Melbourne office, this role will see you lead a small team working within a control room operations environment.
You will be required to safely control, monitor and dispatch AGL’s fast start and renewable generation assets to maximise efficiency. The role will be working normal business hours, however will be responsible for running a schedule which covers 24/7 operations and reports into/ supports the Operations Manager in optimising the short and medium-term availability of assets and renewable energy resource usage.
This role will involve Plant Dispatch, Resource Management, Plant, Operational Risk Planning, and Leadership within a Control room environment.
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Liaise with stakeholders to plan and manage fuel resources
- Lead outage optimisation and dispatch approval processes to maximise generation asset commercial availability
- Operate plant to meet dispatch targets as set out by Wholesale Market Operations
- Budget accountability & decision-making authority
- Dispatch performance reporting as required by key stakeholders
- Assist with relief of the Dispatch Centre roster as required, you will receive on -going training to ensure you have same responsibilities as members of your team
**Please note, this role will require some travel to our Renewable sites**
Other duties as required
- A hands-on leader with strong people, change management, influencing and communication skills
- Experience in a similar operations role within heavy industry, preferably power generation
- Experience in Emergency and Incident Response Management
- Ability to make decisions based on sound analysis and within operational frameworks
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using and developing Standard Operating Procedures and Protocols
- Working knowledge of legal, financial, quality and risk management concepts and their operational application
- Tertiary qualified preferable
What’s in it for you
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
rs team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now