Wholesale Market Accounting Manager
Job no: 498460
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Finance and Risk, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
The Wholesale Market Accounting team within Group Finance is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting of AGL’s Wholesale Market business which include energy commodities such as electricity, gas, coal, and oil.
The role will manage the preparation of the monthly Wholesale Market gross margin accounting and ensure financial results comply with AGL accounting policies.
The successful candidate will manage a small team of 3 with a focus on optimising and improving accounting processes and knowledge for Wholesale Market gross margins.
- Manage the calculation of the monthly gross margin results including revenue, energy costs, derivative accounting and all other cost of sales accruals for Wholesale Electricity, Wholesale Gas and Eco-markets
- Deliver actual reporting and build bench strength leading to analysis of variance against forecast / budget
- Manage the calculation of the monthly derivative accounting in accordance with relevant Accounting standards
- Establish sound knowledge of derivative accounting and proactively address emerging issues
- Partner with Business and Risk to provide expert advice and support on derivative accounting impacts of broader transactions (including contract negotiations, acquisitions, divestments and new product assessment)
- Provide expert advice and support to AGL Corporate Finance in relation to all aspects of accounting including supporting end to end profitability analysis
- Lead external audit process for Wholesale Market gross margin
- Superb technical and professional acumen with CA/CPA and relevant tertiary qualifications
- Strong technical knowledge of wholesale market accounting standards with relevance to energy accounting
- Demonstrated ability to understand, utilise and improve sophisticated accounting and reporting systems
- Extensive experience in partnering with business in driving improvements in systems/data/processes
- Experience in Derivative accounting and reporting integrity
- Leadership experience involving direct team management
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now