Wholesale Markets Accountant
Job no: 498459
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Finance and Risk, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
The Wholesale Market Accountant plays an important part within AGL’s Group Finance team.
As part of a close-knit team of three, the primary purpose of the Wholesale Market Accountant is to calculate and prepare all accounting entries for the allocated segments of the Ecomarkets and Generation gross margin, including the associated fuel accounting for the generation units. Ensuring compliance across accounting standards, AGL policies and government regulations will also play a large part of the role.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to identify process improvement opportunities and use their initiative and diligence to make positive impacts within the team.
- Calculation of the Generation and Eco-market gross margin results including transfer pricing revenue for the eco-market, generation revenue, variable cost for eco-market and generation, and all other cost of sales and revenue accruals
- Establish knowledge of key non-financial data metrics including weather, electricity volumes, green certificate volume and weighted costs to assist in the preparation of the Generation and Eco-market gross margin accounting
- Maintaining financial control of relevant balance sheet accounts through reconciliations and taking action where required
- Support detailed, accurate, and relevant reporting and commentary by specified deadlines on the Generation and Eco-market gross margin monthly result by providing accounting explanations and data to relevant Business Partners including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Continually improve working relationship and data exchange with relevant Business Partners to support the analysis and reporting of Generation and Eco-markets gross margin to the business
- Provide advice and support to AGL Corporate Finance in relation to all aspects of Generation and Eco-markets gross margin accounting
- Good understanding of Accounting Standards and comfortable working with different regulations
- Experience in working in a complex corporate environment
- CPA/CA qualified
- High level of attention to details with the drive to take initiative for process improvements
- Business acumen with a commercial awareness and sound understanding of commercial drivers and relationships
- Ability to influence stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- Advanced Excel skills is a must and an exposure to macro and query language desirable
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now