Commercial Advisor - Fuel and Logistics Origination
Job no: 498430
Work type: Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Energy Trading, VIC - Melbourne CBD
This is a unique opportunity to join the Wholesale Markets - Energy Supplies and Origination team and work in a fast paced and challenging environment.
Wholesale Markets are responsible for managing AGL’s wholesale electricity, fuel for generation and environmental product portfolios. The group is responsible for all wholesale volume and price risks through commercial negotiations, used for derivative and structured contracts and the optimisation of AGL generation assets and gas storage.
About the Role
To assist with the development of high-quality commercial and financial advice and asset management strategies which have a positive impact to the contract management of the Origination portfolio. The role will provide support for the contract management function of the coal and diesel portfolio including negotiations for the purchase of fuel and associated transport.
The Commercial Advisor will also contribute to building a working knowledge of the generation fuels industry and related energy business development opportunities, including infrastructure developments and assessment of supply options that benefit the fuel portfolio.
The Commercial Advisor will assist in preparation of advice regarding strategic, economic, commercial, financial and management issues relating to all aspects of existing contracts of the fuel portfolio as well as new opportunities including investment in energy assets and companies, and provide wide-ranging advisory support for AGL’s evaluation and execution of investments in the energy sector and to support fuel supply purchase and sale decisions. The Commercial Advisor will support all commercial negotiations within the fuel team, and will be expected to grow and develop to lead and originate their own value creating transactions.
- Assist the Fuel & Logistics Origination team to actively manage assets and businesses within AGL’s Wholesale Markets portfolio with the dual objectives of optimising short to medium term financial performance and enhancing long-term value.
- Work closely with members of the Fuel & Logistics Origination team, helping to originate fuel supply deals to structure transactions with producers, and collaborating with other members within AGL’s broader team to develop channel to market options and timing for equity fuel development.
- Contribute to the contract administration capability by working closely with Fuel & Logistics Origination team members to build a wealth of knowledge on key aspects of the contracts of the existing fuel portfolio.
- Contribute to the collation and presentation of portfolio information to key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Ability to build and manage relationships (internal/external) at all levels
- Ability to develop strategies to balance risk/return and lower procurement costs
- Ability to understand complex analytical concepts
- Ability to work with a diverse team of professionals
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiations skills
- A demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes
- Outstanding knowledge and experience in energy trading and risk management (>4 years)
- Excellent knowledge of the energy industry (>3 years)
- Negotiation, contract development and contract management experience (> 4 years)
- Relevant tertiary qualification, such as a degree in commerce, engineering, law or other relevant degree. Post graduate qualifications such as MBA will be highly regarded
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Edith Chan on 03 8633 6575 or email@example.com. For all applications, please apply via the link provided.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now