Financial Planning, Analyst & Reporting Manager
Job no: 498396
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
Categories: Finance and Risk, VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
- Strategic Contribution and People Leadership
- Loy Yang (Traralgon Location)
About the Role
To provide leadership of the financial planning, analysis and reporting function for AGL Loy Yang, ensuring the effective operation of all budget and forecast processes and the provision of sound financial analysis to support decision making. This includes annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and long term plans. The role analyses and distils financial information for operational managers. This includes analysis such as volume / rate / mix analysis, cause of change, performance monitoring / scorecards, risk and opportunities management, capex evaluation and resource allocation support.
The role is a business partner to the General Manager AGL Loy Yang, to ensure that the business meets its financial and broader objectives, and is a member of the AGL Loy Yang Leadership Team. This role contributes to the formulation of the AGL Loy Yang strategy, the execution of the Group Operations business strategy and is an important intermediary between the business and Finance.
The role will ensure good governance processes are in place for all capital expenditure including financial evaluations, implementation of robust capital management processes and proactive and continuous monitoring of capital expenditure against approvals.
- Lead the preparation of annual budgets, longer term plans and quarterly forecasts ensuring appropriate engagement between AGL Loy Yang site based teams and the broader Group Operations / Energy business teams (e.g. Group Operations Finance, Wholesale Markets, Group Finance etc).
- Lead the preparation of monthly management reporting for AGL Loy Yang, including Operational Expenditure, Capital Expenditure and Cashflow analysis compared to budget/forecasts and prior periods and identifying and reporting the risks and opportunities associated with such forecasts.
- Promote continuous improvement of the quality and efficiency of the forecasting and management reporting process and outputs. Contribute to half-yearly reporting requirements including Appendix 4D/E content and Investor Pack slides.
- Undertake / Manage the analysis and management reporting of AGL Loy Yang Opex and Capex including cost driver analysis; resource allocation analysis & support; Variance analysis vs budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Financial evaluation of proposed capex projects (e.g. NPV, IRR, etc), and post implementation reviews.
- Provision of information and analysis as required on gross margin line items such as coal supply and major smelter sales contracts.
- Drive the establishment, reporting and monitoring of non-financial KPI’s into scorecards e.g. reliability, generation volumes, HSE, strategy implementation.
- 5-10 years at senior management level in similar or related businesses
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance or related business discipline
- Change leader, an implementer of strategic and operational initiatives
- Motivating and mentoring skills
- Understanding of business drivers and general business management
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with high quality written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Able to assess, support and challenge large capital investments
- Financial modelling
- Delivering high quality financial reporting and forecasting of operating and capital expenditure
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world. Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Kelly Zander on 03 8633 6346.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now