Job no: 498348
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Energy Trading, Legal and Regulatory, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the role
This role will provide you a unique opportunity to utilise your regulatory experience within the exciting area of Wholesale Markets.
As Commercial Advisor, you be contributing to the development of high-quality commercial and financial advice and asset management strategies which have a positive impact to the contract management of the Origination portfolio. The Commercial Advisor will also contribute to building a working knowledge of the relevant fuels industry and related energy business development opportunities, including infrastructure developments and assessment of supply options that benefit the relevant fuel portfolio.
The Commercial Advisor will support all commercial negotiations within the relevant fuels stream, and will be expected to grow and develop to lead and originate their own value creating transactions.
- Assist the relevant fuels team to actively manage assets and businesses within AGL’s investment portfolio with the dual objectives of optimising short to medium term financial performance and enhancing long-term value
- Work closely with members of the relevant fuels team and assist in with Fuel Supply Origination and Development, helping to originate fuel supply deals to structure transactions with producers, and collaborating with other members within AGL’s broader team to develop channel to market options and timing for equity fuel development
- Contribute to the contract administration capability by working closely with fuel team members to build a wealth of knowledge on key aspects of the contracts of the existing fuel portfolio
- Contribute to the collation and presentation of portfolio information to key stakeholders both internal and external
- Experience dealing with regulatory matters and government departments within the energy sector
- Ability to build and manage relationships (internal/external) at all levels
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiations skills
- A demonstrated capacity to influence outcomes
- Negotiation, contract development and contract management experience will be highly regarded
- Relevant tertiary qualification, such as a degree in law or other relevant degree
What’s in it for you?
This is a chance for you to utilise your regulatory and legal background in a different area of Wholesale markets within AGL’s investment portfolio.
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Edith Chan on 03 8633 6575 or email@example.com. For all applications, please apply via the link provided.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now