Job no: 498287
Work type: Fixed term, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
AGL's Digital Technology Team is a collection of highly engaged, innovative, empowered, co-located scrum teams that work together using the Scaled Agile Framework for enterprises (SAFe).
The Digital team proudly looks after AGL's customer facing website and mobile app, as well as the connections to the core, cloud & content-management systems that empower them. We are the enablers allowing AGL to continue to grow and prosper in a digital future.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team on a full-time, permanent basis. Reporting to the DevOps Lead, the DevOps Engineer will drive DevOps practises for AGL's Digital Platform with a strong emphasis on supporting our Pega platform. The DevOps Engineer will be working on refining and automating a micro services based platform build on top of Microsoft Azure and the Sitecore Experience platform. They will also provide Pega application Level 2 support.
Working within the Operations and Digital Feature Teams, you will enjoy working within a busy team environment and will be responsible for driving key business outcomes for the Digital team.
We've had tremendous success to date… and are now growing our team. Come and be a part of it!
This job would be suitable for Microsoft Azure and PowerShell enthusiasts!!
Key responsibilities for this role includes…
- Proven expertise in the following technologies: Microsoft Azure, Sitecore, PowerShell, Continuous Integration using Bamboo, Continuous Deployments using Octopus.
- Must have solid skills on deploying and managing cloud services hosted in Microsoft Azure at scale
- Pega application stack including strategic applications like Marketing
- Application components and interactions like App server, DB, JVM nodes
- Hands on experience on debugging tool including clipboard, SMA, performance tools
- Decisioning components, it’s setup and functioning
- Skills in administering websites at scale
- Deep understanding of version control systems such as TFS, GiT, etc.
- High level of proficiency with Powershell
- Should have some web development experience(ASP .Net, angular, etc) and mobile development(iOS and Android)
- Familiar with Monitoring tools such as New Relic
- Familiar with Jira(for bug tracking), Confluence(wiki) and other DevOps offerings from Atlassian
- Tooling investments & Automation
- Engineer solutions to drive operational maturity / efficiencies
- Familiarity with test automation framework such as Selenium
- Continuous delivery through automation (RM, CI, Build) and Change Management. Familiarity with Continuous Integration\Continuous Deployment tools such as Octopus, Bamboo, TeamCity, TFS, etc.
- Infrastructure as Code using Chef
- Must have strong communication skills
This role is for you if…
- You are excited by digital innovation
- A person with a natural aptitude for problem solving
- You are passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience
- You are naturally proactive with a 'can do' attitude
- You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other professions to deliver solutions
- You are a team player, who delights in helping others succeed
- You continually reflect on past experiences and use your learnings to adapt your approach
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced ever-changing world
Our technical landscape includes…
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Analytics
- SAP ISU, CRM, NWGW & PI
- Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Octopus
- Mobile apps (iOS and Android)
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and creative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career dreams and we’re passionate about investing in you.
30% employee discount on usage and service charges for AGL gas and electricity.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 180 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" cultivates a culture of achievement and personal development.
Embrace a change where your actions will make a difference. Apply today!
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now