Application Security Lead - Cloud
Job no: 498144
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Technology, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
Brand new full time, permanent opportunity to for a skilled Application Security Lead to play a vital role in our large-scale transformation programme. The purpose of this role is to govern and manage security controls for AGL applications accessible in cloud environments. If you enjoy engaging with senior stakeholders and learning new technologies this is the ideal role for you.
- Overall accountability for Security governance and management of AGL applications and integrated cloud solutions (i.e. ERP, Ariba, Workday, etc.)
- Responsibility for establishing the roadmap and principles for the management of applications delivered in the cloud including software as a service application from multiple vendors.
- Facilitate onboarding of new SaaS solutions within identity and access management, and data loss prevention standards and tools
- Implement Security Assurance and Risk management plans and deal with vendor risk management therefore defining and implementing security KPIs.
- Ensure that key security controls have been implemented and are operating effectively for the ongoing management of AGLs applications, ensuring monitoring is implemented
- Identify and manage remediation of vulnerabilities for critical applications and the cloud environment that they are implemented in, as an ongoing risk remediation/management activity.
- Lead and participate in streamlining user management, identity lifecycle and overall security management processes
- Assess the technical security posture of the enterprise systems via means of Security Vulnerability Assessments and full periodic security reviews are completed
- Ensure systems have adequate security monitoring and incident response plans in place.
- Ensuring that BCP/DR plans are in place and have been tested commensurate with the asset value
- For SaaS and other cloud services, that the risk profile is monitored, and regulatory and legal risk have been identified and managed, and ensure AGL data remains the property of AGL.
- Demonstrable experience in an Application Security role ideally within a medium to large IT environment.
- Excellent knowledge of security principles and standards including ISO 27K, Cloud Security Alliance.
- Sound knowledge of Risk Management
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to effectively manage 3rd parties.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to drive activities forward and deliver outcomes.
- Experience with Security Governance, Technology Risk and Compliance and managing access risks is desirable
- Knowledge of security operational processes is advantageous but not essential.
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
- You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
- Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
- Enjoy our attractive bonus structure and tools of the trade including a car.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now