Test Automation Practice Leader
Job no: 498091
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
The purpose of this role is to drive and embed the automation of test processes to improve cadence, velocity, agility and quality of delivery. Provides test automation leadership to the test community across the AGL Digital Platform teams and other IT teams. Accountable for monitoring and maturing test automation capability within AGL through promotion of best practices and driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Promote new ways of working and accelerate development productivity through test automation and continuous improvement
- Responsible for working closely with Engineering and Service Delivery to monitor and mature the capability within AGL
- Collaborate with business, IT and Partner resources to identify and implement areas for improvement via test automation and then swiftly implementing these improvements
- Responsible for working with all business units and all parts of IT within AGL, and all parts of IT, to provide them with the guidance and education from a test automation perspective
- Facilitates the operationalisation of new methods and automated ways of testing across AGL
- Develop and promote test automation policies, standards, processes and guidelines to support current and emerging continuous delivery patterns, and provide guidance to existing and new staff on how testing practices should be performed in AGL
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and identify opportunities to evolve/improve practices incorporating industry innovations related to testing and relevant to AGL
- Tertiary Qualifications in Computer Science of similar discipline
- Solid background in a Test Automation Leadership position
- Experience managing Test or Dev/Test teams on large transformation programs
- Experience in the SAP and Digital spaces with deep solution automation understanding
- Experience working in scaled agile (ideally SAFe) environment
- Experience working in a mature CI/CD environments with high focus on test automation
- Experience working across multiple test automation tools
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
30% employee discount on usage and service charges for AGL gas and electricity.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Embrace a change where your actions will make a difference. Apply today!
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now