Category Manager Group Operations
Job no: 498090
Work type: Fixed term
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Procurement, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
Within AGL’s Procurement team we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Category Manager for a contract term of 6 months.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager Group Operations, the Category Manager -Group Operations has day-to-day functional responsibility for the execution of category plans through directing strategic sourcing activities, Supplier Development, and relationship management through proactive engagement with the business to ensure value for money outcomes for AGL.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a key contribution to support AGL’s energy transformation from a strategic sourcing perspective
- Work closely with the business key stakeholders and managers to create, implement and monitor category management plans for Group Operations. Develop and execute sourcing strategies. Develop evaluation plans and manage analysis as well as opportunity identification, global/national/local supply market analysis, alliances/panel/partnerships
- Develop and create contracts including terms and conditions, specific contract KPI’s, and Service Levels agreements
- Assess and ensure suppliers possess the required capability, including without limitation OH&S, environmental and quality accreditations
- Act as prime commercial contract management lead on nominated contracts / categories and co-ordinate performance assessment. Conduct commercial negotiations in support of contract variations to major strategic contracts
- Maintain relationships with strategic suppliers to identify areas of improvement, drive innovative solutions and ways of working with AGL
- Extensive experience in Capital, plant and equipment sourcing and procurement ideally with previous experience in a Group Operations Category Management role
- Specific experience sourcing for large project based outages and capital works would be highly regarded.
- You will be an effective communicator who is supportive and reliable to all internal and external stakeholders including customers and suppliers
- You possess a high level of business acumen and will be able to make decisions within commercial parameters and in a timely manner
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
- You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
- Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on developing you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now