Finance Analyst- FP&A
Job no: 498086
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: NSW - George Street
Categories: Finance and Risk, NSW - George Street
About the Role
The Finance Analyst is responsible for the preparation of all Group FP&A reporting. The role is part of the Group Planning & Commercial Analysis team which manages the overall FP&A function for AGL.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Analyst, you will partner with the business to provide financial analysis for various areas of the business. You will be responsible for month end performance, analysis and reports, along with forecasting and budgeting across different business units.
- Prepare all month-end Group FP&A reports, including Board / Executive Team performance reports, KPI reports, and detailed reports in relation to cash flow, opex, and capex.
- Develop deep understanding of AGL businesses and ensure strong relationships with key finance stakeholders across the company.
- Ownership of the portfolio models for AGL’s gas and electricity businesses. This includes updating models for monthly actual results and quarterly/annual forecasts, undertaking comprehensive variance analysis and preparing commentary for business unit and group reporting.
- Improve month-end reporting processes.
- Prepare the Portfolio Review section of the Operating & Financial Review (OFR).
- Assist other parts of the Group Planning & Commercial Analysis team as required.
- Experience with BW/SAP (highly regarded)
- CPA or CA qualified along with relevant tertiary qualifications
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with financial modelling
- Significant and demonstrated experience in a similar role with the ability to learn rapidly
- Self starter who can work autonomously and deliver high quality results
- Detailed knowledge of business drivers and performance indicators - has a strong business acumen
- Ability to build relationships with and influence stakeholders at various work levels
- Ability to understand, utilise and improve sophisticated accounting and reporting systems
- Superior time management skills and ability to prioritise work (In this role, you will be exposed to a wide variety of stakeholders and business requests)
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now