Application Security Specialist -Identity
Job no: 497932
Work type: Full Time - Flexible, Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Technology, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
The Application Security Developer is responsible (as part of a team) for security across the entire software development life cycle. This includes developing education and awareness of secure development practices, engaging with business stakeholders and validating the security of applications and services. This will include documentation of testing and migration of changes to the production environment.
You will have design input, leading implementation efforts, liaising with DevOps team members, and ensuring quality and security of code based deliverables for the Identity Management system.
The Application Security Developer will work closely with Technology Leads, Developers, Cheif Architects, BAs, Project Managers and other bsuiness stakeholders.
Key accountabilities of this role
- Oversee application security across the delivery lifecycle
- Perform secure code review across a variety of programming languages
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues that arise
- Maintain technical documentation
- Consult team members on secure coding practices
- Develop a familiarity with new tools and best practices
- Involved in adopting an automated CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) model for code/config
- Ensure feedback from defect identification is being captured to drive targeted security awareness programs
- Drive the development and implementation of security patterns to address reoccurring development issues in alignment with AGL Enterprise Security Architecture, Technology Strategy and policies
Qualifications, key skills and experience required
- Proven work experience as a software security engineer/developer
- Experienced in managing and deploying fixes to production via Change Management process.
- Experienced in ITIL Service Management process such as Incident Management, Problem Management.
- Proven experience working in Agile team with regards to entire lifecycle of development. Coding, Testing, Deployment, Support, Automation, Bug Fixes Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Software development experience in one or more of the following core languages:, Java, Node.JS, C/C++, Angular, Ruby
- Experience in Cloud: Microsoft Azure, GitHub, Auth0
- Technologies: Web sites, Web Services, JAVA runtime environment, .NET Framework, Ajax, Flash, Flex, REST, SOAP, WS Security, Bamboo, Octopus,
- Experienced in working within a DevOps team and have been extensively involved in Production Support, identification of issues, resolution of bugs and deployment of fixes to Production
- Strong knowledge of security fundamentals: Authentication, Authorization, Asset Handling, Input Handling, Auditing & Logging
- Knowledge and experience of security related exposures and vulnerabilities at the application, platform and networking levels
- Excellent knowledge of current and emerging technologies and the associated security impacts
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Tanya on 0392738718.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now