Android Mobile App Developer
Job no: 497833
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Android Developer to be part of the Customer Experience Transformation (CXT) Team. As one of our Android developers, you will be part of AGL’s transformation journey, as we design and build a brand spanking new Android mobile app.
You will be coding, analysing and helping to shape the design of digital solutions, whilst contributing to testing, continuous integration, and deployment activities.
Working as part of a cross functional agile team, you will be delivering tangible results for our customers. Not only that but, you will be contributing to solutions that cut across the entire technology stack, including digital, SAP and data. In your role, you will play an important role as an enabler, delivering transformational customer experiences that exceed our customer expectations.
About the Team
The CXT is a growing department that prides itself on being collaborative and supportive with a flexible work environment. Where we encourage you to grow personally and professionally and where egos get checked at the door.
- Design and develop software with activities that include coding, testing, deployment scripting and configuration in all relevant domains and related technologies
- Develop components to support architectural test patterns using best practice and design patterns
- Translate product owner expectations into fully developed functionality that meets the customer requirements
- Develop high quality unit tests, integration tests and automated UI/API tests
- Collaborate, experiment and contribute in an agile software team
- Contribute to system analysis, solution (functional & technical) design and feasibility activities
- Proven industry experience developing Android based apps in Java or Kotlin
- Knowledge of core Android Development Frameworks
- Experience in developing apps alongside emerging APIs
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery and source control
- Exposure to Windows Azure technologies highly regarded
- Exposure to developing iOS apps and Android apps in tandem highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
30% employee discount on usage and service charges for AGL gas and electricity.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
Embrace a change where your actions will make a difference. Apply today!
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now