Gas Operations Accountant
Job no: 497825
Work type: Full time
Location: NSW - George Street
Categories: Finance and Risk, NSW - George Street
About the Role
The Group Accounting and Reporting team is responsible for the accounting of several business units, corporate and group wide functions, the Group’s consolidation and external reporting.
This role is principally responsible for the accounting activities of the gas operations.
- Month end close process for relevant profit centres
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly royalty calculations
- Liaise with relevant Finance Business Partners to understand commercial decisions, transactions or changes within the business unit and anticipate the accounting implications
- Assist the Finance Business Partners in their review and analysis of the business unit results, cash flows and financial position
- Identify areas, and propose potential solutions, for process improvement
- Prepare the half yearly accounting packs that support the external financial reporting obligations of AGL
- Prepare the relevant ABS survey responses.
- Fully qualified Accountant- CA/CPA qualification
- Experience with large ERP systems - preferably SAP
- Commercial acumen – able to look beyond the numbers and understand commercial drivers and desired outcomes
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Team player – works as part of a team to deliver on shared objectives, shares experience and knowledge to help develop others regardless of reporting lines, contributes to team projects and deliverables
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities, supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. This is an opportunity to be exposed to more exciting opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours, the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now