Health And Safety Business Partner Loy Yang
Job no: 497803
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
Categories: People and Culture, VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
- Diverse role providing HSE expertise and support across AGL’s largest site
- Influential position working alongside the Loy Yang leadership team
- Rural location only 2 hours from Melbourne
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Safety, crucial to this role will be the identification of key strategic objectives for the site and in consultation with the Loy Yang Leadership Team, AGL HSELT and other key stakeholders, devising and documenting a plan to achieve these objectives, ensuring all employees are aware of and understand the plan. As a key member of both Loy Yang and HSE teams, you will work with the Group Operations business unit and HSE Leadership Team to contribute to the development and implementation of the Group Operations H&S Action Plan.
- Design and in consultation with key stakeholders, communicate and implement the strategic plan for H&S at AGL Loy Yang
- Identify risks, issues, and barriers to safety improvements and the develop systems, processes, and procedures to address barriers and mitigate risks
- Provide specialist H&S advice and support to the AGL Loy Yang Business unit
- Interface with the HSE Business Partners, AGL HSE Leadership Team and the broader business as required
- Oversee the development and implementation of H&S policies, systems, and procedures at AGL Loy Yang and contribute to the development and implementation of the AGL HSE Management System as it applies to activities at AGL Loy Yang
- Plan activities to foster, develop and support increasing awareness and understanding of H&S across the AGL Loy Yang site including both the mine and the station to ensure that cultural change is achieved and safety improvements are delivered
- Lead a productive, customer focussed HS Function, managing, and developing a team of safety and injury management practitioners; setting and managing the Function’s budget and expenditure, both Opex and Capex.
- Lead or participate in key business initiatives and projects (i.e. Permit to Work project; AGL HSEMS; Project Steering Committees etc.) ensuring HS impacts and risks are identified, assessed, and appropriately mitigated.
To be successful in this role you will be tech savvy with a focus on innovation and building engagement across all areas of the site.
You will bring:
- Tertiary Qualification in OHS Management; Diploma or above
- Extensive experience in a professional safety capacity with demonstrated experience in a leadership role or role of significant influence during a period of organisational change/transformation
- Have strong systems capability, having been involved in the development and/or implementation of a HSE MS
- Have experience in the management and delivery of auditing, inspections, and incident investigations (using iCAM) in an industrial, high risk setting
- Demonstrated experience implementing a safety management system in a complex multi-disciplinary industrial environment (Power industry and Mining experience highly desirable)
- People management experience, coaching and mentoring direct reports and managing outsourced activities
- Direct management or oversight of worker’s compensation processes
- Project management expertise/experience highly desirable
- Experience gaining and maintaining external accreditation preferred (i.e. AS4801)
- Previous experience utilising “Hudson” or other contemporary thought leadership models.
What’s in it for you
You’ll be working onsite at one of Australia largest open cut brown coal mines and Victoria’s largest power station and will get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, which fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733 or email@example.com .
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now