Maintenance Planners - Loy Yang Station
Job no: 497793
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
Categories: Engineering, VIC - Melbourne CBD
- Newly created inhouse roles
- Great lifestyle roster – 9-day fortnights
- Rural location only 2 hours from Melbourne
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Station Planner, these roles are responsible to deliver maintenance planning activities at the station. Working in a team of experienced planners from various trades backgrounds, you will collaborate and share expertise to optimise and imbed improvements and ensure equipment availability.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver efficient and effective maintenance plans in safe and timely manner to the business including contractors as required, in line with planning standards, business systems, Strategic Business Processes and timeframes.
- Identify and embed maintenance workflow improvements supporting efficient maintenance practices through a continuous improvement approach including the mentoring as required.
- Participate in early start time as required to manage daily emergency break in work including identifying and coordinating most efficient and effective use of resources.
- Management of unplanned outages as required including after hours.
- Adopt and support a continuous improvement approach to all stages of the Work Management process use of and development of model work orders.
- Develop and maintain Bill of Materials in the CMMS for Station Plant systems.
- Mentoring others as required in planning and use of business system and tools.
To be successful in these roles you will possess planning experience gained in a heavy industrial environment backed by technical knowledge gained from a trades qualification.
- Trades background in mechanical, electrical/instrumentation or other significant relevant experience.
- Proven ability to convert your knowledge into efficient and effective maintenance plans
- Strong experience in the use of CMMS (SAP and/or Asset Suite preferred).
- Previous experience in similar role in heavy industrial environment (desirable).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to think laterally (‘outside of the box’) as well as logically.
- Methodical and stay on task attitude with continual improvement approach to planning.
- Self-motivation and initiative, with a demonstrated commitment to providing an effective business oriented service.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills with an ability to convey information in a clear, timely and accurate manner and select the most appropriate method of communication.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders (maintenance, reliability and operations/process).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Effective management of Bill of Materials and / or understanding and use of Quality Management System and principles is highly desirable.
- Effective use of Microsoft office products such as outlook, word and excel.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working onsite of one of Australia’s largest power stations in a beautiful rural setting and get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business.
You will be exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career, working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now