Maintenance Schedulers - Loy Yang Station
Job no: 497792
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
- Newly created inhouse role
- Great lifestyle roster – 9-day fortnights
- Rural location only 2 hours from Melbourne
About the role
Are you an experienced maintenance scheduler looking for a great balance between work and home life, this role is for you!
Reporting to the Senior Station Scheduler, this role is responsible to deliver effective maintenance scheduling activities at the station. Working in a multi-disciplined wider planning and scheduling team you will collaborate and share expertise to optimise and imbed improvements and ensure equipment availability.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to deliver efficient and effective maintenance schedules in safe and timely manner to the business including contractors as required, optimising labour and plant downtime.
- Delivery of short, mid and long term maintenance schedules in line with scheduling standards, Strategic Business Processes and timeframes.
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to identify and implement efficiencies around maintenance planning, scheduling and execution through a continuous improvement approach.
- Participate in early start time as required to manage daily emergency break in work including identifying and coordinating most efficient and effective use of resources.
- Management of unplanned outages as required including after hours.
- Develop and implement processes to include contractors into consolidated maintenance schedule optimising plant downtime and effort.
To be successful in these roles you will be an experienced scheduler with excellent communication skills and an eye for detail and improvement opportunities.
- Excellent trade and technical skills or demonstrated exceptional relevant knowledge and experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to think laterally (‘outside of the box’) as well as logically.
- Methodical and stay on task attitude with continual improvement approach to planning and scheduling.
- Self-motivation and initiative, with a demonstrated commitment to providing an effective business oriented service.
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills with an ability to convey information in a clear, timely and accurate manner and select the most appropriate method of communication.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders (maintenance, reliability and operations/process) to affectively deliver schedules.
- Sound knowledge and demonstrated experience of planning and scheduling (Primavera or Prometheus preferred) and significant experience with CMMS (SAP or Asset Suite preferred).
- Strong PC skills across the MS Office suite, with a focus on excel.
- Ability to hold people to account to ensure timeframes and standards are met.
- Some leadership experience with the ability to step up into a senior role as needed (desirable).
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working onsite of one of Australia’s largest power stations in a beautiful rural setting and get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business.
You will be exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career, working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now