Wind And Solar Manager
Job no: 497786
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: Multiple Locations
Categories: Engineering, Technical and Operations, NSW - George Street, SA - Eastwood, Adelaide, VIC - Melbourne CBD
- High impact, strategic operational leadership role managing our expanding wind and solar portfolio
- Be a part of AGL’s market leading investment in renewables
- Outstanding future career opportunities
About the role
Reporting to the Renewables Manager, the Wind and Solar Manager is responsible for managing the 24/7 operational performance of AGL’s Wind and Solar assets in accordance with the asset objectives. This role will work in collaboration with the Wholesale Market and Engineering teams to ensure that the assets generate energy in a predictable manner. This role is key to ensure assets achieve their asset safety, production and financial targets.
- Actively participate with the Renewables Leadership Team in setting future business direction and effectively implementing this strategy within the Renewables portfolio
- Manage the delivery of safe Operational activities in accordance with the Asset Management Plan
- Accountable for the continuous evaluation of current operational systems and work practices against best practice, and the development and implementation of new systems as required
- Lead a team of high performing and professional Asset Leaders and Analysts
- Manage maintenance contract providers to ensure all commercial, maintenance and market operating requirements are met, identifying and acting on early indicators of performance and delivery issues
- Provide operations support to stakeholder management across a geographically diverse fleet
- Provide exceptional leadership and embed safety and performance expectations
- Be a Health and Safety champion
To excel in this role you be a highly engaging leader with unparalleled stakeholder relationship and contractor management skills. In addition, you will have the following;
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, ideally Mechanical
- Further Business qualifications are advantageous
- Extensive experience at a senior management level in similar or related businesses, with exposure to the risks associated with High Voltage environments
- Experience in leading teams and inspiring high levels of employee engagement and productivity
- The application of quality management methods and techniques is desirable including ability to provide concise, timely and accurate status reporting
- Delivering exceptional customer experiences and well developed communication skills are essential
- Experience delivering and imbedding significant change programs
- A strong focus on safety, having a proven track record in high risk environments
What’s in it for you
You’ll be working with our high focus portfolio of renewable assets and get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business.
You will be exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career, working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of the AGL Gas and Renewables business, as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733 or email@example.com .
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now