Contractor & Quality Manager / Specialist
Job no: 497588
Work type: Full Time - Flexible
Location: Multiple Locations
Categories: Technical and Operations, NSW - George Street, VIC - Melbourne CBD
- Opportunity to step into a corporate role an apply your technical trades knowledge
- Work with cutting edge, new emerging products in the new energy space.
- Flexibility of location -Sydney or Melbourne. Flexibility of level – Specialist or Manager.
About the role
The Contractor and Quality Manager is a key role in our field service team helping AGL deliver multiple new energy services such as Solar PV, Energy Storage, metering bundle, EV and other exciting Home Energy Management products for our residential customers. As the interface between AGL and our electrical contractors, you will hold overall responsibility for the field installation contractors performance. This includes HSE, total cost accountability, variations agreement and on boarding approval, warranty and field force capacity commitment.
- Manage the contract e2e of each installation company
- Assessing and monitoring the technical capabilities matrix, installation quality and technical workmanship of each of our installers
- Attend sites and perform audits on installers to ensure quality compliance
- Source new installation companies as required, providing technical training to new vendors
- Onboarding, end to end installation workflow management and invoice approval
- Drive regular reporting requirements from each installers to ensure delivery focus
- Development and on-going management of service delivery processes from
- Contribution to new products as rolled out by the New Energy products and projects team
As the technical authority in this team, you will bring a strong technical trades background as a practicing site electrician and hold a current Electricians license valid in SA, VIC, NSW, QLD. You will also possess:`
- Ideally hold current CEC accreditation for Solar and Battery
- Demonstrated field services management experience with industry and product knowledge
- Solid contract negotiation and price negotiation experience ideally with vendor management
- Strong relationship development and management skills, including stakeholder management
- The ability tailor your communication style effectively between site and corporate environments, building rapport and respect with vendors
- A broad understanding of legal and compliance principles in each Distribution Networks environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with computer literacy to support operations (MS Office, Microsoft Dynamics AX etc)
- A keen passion to develop your commercial acumen
- Ideally have project management experience or certification
- Ideally possess some people leadership experience
What’s in it for you
You’ll be working with emerging, cutting edge technology that will help shape the future of residential energy.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe, and supportive work environment, which fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733 or email@example.com .
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now