Job no: 497585
Work type: Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
- Excited by digital innovation?
- Passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience?
- Thrive in collaborative, agile teams?
- Join an ASX 50 organisation that truly understands the importance of its people
About the Role
AGL's Customer Experience Team is a collection of highly engaged, innovative, empowered, co-located scrum teams that work together using the Scaled Agile Framework for enterprises (SAFe).
The CX team proudly looks after AGL's customer facing website and mobile app… and the connections to the core, cloud & content-management systems that empower them. We are the enablers allowing AGL to continue to grow and prosper in a digital future.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. Reporting to the DevOps Lead, the DevOps Engineer will drive DevOps practises for AGL's Digital Platform. The DevOps Engineer would be working on refining and automating a micro services based platform build on top of Microsoft Azure and the Sitecore Experience platform.
Working within the Operations and Digital Feature Teams, you will enjoy working within a busy team environment and will be responsible for driving key business outcomes for the Digital team.
We've had tremendous success to date… and are now growing our team. Come and be a part of it!
This job would be suitable for Microsoft Azure and PowerShell enthusiasts!!
- Proven expertise in the following technologies: Microsoft Azure, Sitecore, PowerShell, Continuous Integration using Bamboo, Continuous Deployments using Octopus.
- Must have solid skills on deploying and managing cloud services hosted in Microsoft Azure at scale
- Skills in administering websites at scale
- Deep understanding of version control systems such as TFS, GiT, etc.
- High level of proficiency with Powershell
- Should have some web development experience(ASP .Net, angular, etc) and mobile development(iOS and Andriod)
- Familiar with Monitoring tools such as New Relic
- Familiar with Jira(for bug tracking), Confluence(wiki) and other DevOps offerings from Atlassian
- Tooling investments & Automation
- Engineer solutions to drive operational maturity / efficiencies
- Familiarity with test automation framework such as Selenium
- Continuous delivery through automation (RM, CI, Build) and Change Management. Familiarity with Continuous Integration\Continuous Deployment tools such as Octopus, Bamboo, TeamCity, TFS, etc.
- Infrastructure as Code using Chef
- Resiliency Modelling & Analysis
- Analyse service design for resiliency & DR gaps
- Operational Maturity–Streamline on-boarding & maturity model assessments
- Good knowledge of Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server administration
- Must have strong communication skills
This role is for you if…
- You are excited by digital innovation
- A person with a natural aptitude for problem solving
- You are passionate about delivering an outstanding customer experience
- You are naturally proactive with a 'can do' attitude
- You are an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- You enjoy working collaboratively with other professions (e.g. developers, testers & operations) to deliver solutions
- You are a team player, who delights in helping others succeed
- You continually reflect on past experiences and use your learnings to adapt your approach
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced ever-changing world
Our technical landscape includes…
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Analytics
- SAP ISU, CRM, NWGW & PI
- Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Octopus
- Mobile apps(iOS and Android)
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now