Team Support/ Maintainer Operator
Job no: 497580
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Eildon
Categories: Engineering, Technical and Operations
About the Role
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent this role is responsible for the Mechanical, Electrical and Civil maintenance activities and operational requirements associated with plant and hydraulic infrastructure at all AGL Hydro sites supported from the Eildon Hydro Power Station.
Under the direction of the Superintendent, this role is responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of Power Stations, and Hydro assets in order to safeguard technical, safety, environmental and commercial integrity over the asset life cycle, and to meet the required production specification in terms of plant availability, quality and quantity of electricity sold.
- Plan, perform and lead routine and breakdown maintenance, planned outages/overhauls and the local operation of AGL assets and associated equipment.
- Perform preventative, planned, fault rectification and breakdown maintenance of assets including installation and commissioning of plant as required.
- Fulfilling on call duties as required.
- Undertake project work as required, prepare scopes, estimates and co-ordinate maintenance works including Capex and Opex projects.
- Supervise service providers/contractors to ensure work is conducted to an appropriate standard and in a safe manner.
- Assist in the stock management of spare parts and equipment, overseeing the updates within the database.
- Provide and receive on the job training including mentoring of employees to ensure high skill levels and safety standards are maintained.
To be successful you will meet the following criteria.
- Trade qualification in either Mechanical or Electrical field is essential.
- Experience operating within a power station or Heavy Industrial environment.
- Exposure to SAP is highly desirable.
- Current and valid Victorian drivers licence – Essential
- Code of Practice – Electrical Safety (Blue book) (Qualified High Voltage Operator) is preferred
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
- Employee Energy discount
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career development opportunities
How to Apply
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now