Regulatory & Compliance Advisor
Job no: 497573
Work type: Fixed term
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Legal and Regulatory, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
As the Regulatory & Compliance Advisor, you will be playing a key role in ensuring AGL effectively manages its regulatory obligations and promoting an effective compliance culture within Sales and Marketing.
- Assist with developing a formal compliance management program for the Sales and Marketing business unit
- Conducting assurance audits to monitor and assess compliance with energy regulations and internal procedure
- Providing high quality and solutions orientated regulatory advice on Sales and Marketing initiatives and processes such as product development, campaign delivery, marketing collateral and sales processes
- Proactively manage regulatory risks and issues, including working with stakeholders to identify and implement appropriate mitigation strategies and sustainable controls
- Preparation of regulatory compliance reporting
- Experience in building a compliance framework, ideally including developing assurance audit processes, obligation registers and compliance training programs
- A preference for candidates with an energy sector background or experience within a highly regulated industry
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting regulatory impacts on business processes, systems and outcomes
- Ability to partner and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across the business
- Strong literacy skills and experience in the preparation of written reports and/or submissions
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, economics, law or equivalent are preferred
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Edith Chan on 03 8633 657.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now