Community Relations Manager - NSW
Job no: 497552
Work type: Fixed term
Location: NSW - George Street
Categories: Corporate Affairs and Communications, NSW - George Street
About the Role
You will develop and lead community engagement activities to support the Dalton Power Project. You will be pivotal in implementing innovative stakeholder communications strategies to ensure the local community and other stakeholders are informed, engaged and have opportunities to provide input into AGL’s business.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager Government & Community Relations to ensure that community engagement activities are introduced in a consistent and practical way.
- Obtain input, and monitor and report on stakeholder needs, interests and issues, and provide recommendations to support senior managers manage identified risks and ensure community engagement activities are relevant, appropriate and informative
- Participate in systems, policy and process improvement initiatives to improve team operation.
- Work proactively across appropriate business units within AGL which may include project, communications, media and regulatory teams.
- Demonstrate AGL Values by acting in the best interests of AGL at all times and working together across the business to create the best overall results and decisions.
- Tertiary qualification in communications, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- Experience in developing and implementing community engagement programs strategies for diverse community stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with a diverse range of people. Mediation and negotiation skills an advantage.
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team and effectively manage time and prioritise workload.
- An understanding and experience of using a variety of communication channels to communicate information.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
Your role will be an opportunity to make a positive impact and give back to a local community.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Zita Smith on (02) 9921 2334.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now