Data Governance Lead
Job no: 497520
Work type: Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Legal and Regulatory, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a pro-active, collaborative, thorough Data Governance Lead to be part of the Data and Analytics Group in Energy Markets.
In this newly created role, as our Data Governance Lead, you will be a key contributor to, and advocate/influencer of, AGL’s data governance function, as well as supporting the development and maintenance of a range of data quality tasks. You will also assist in flagging potential data governance or data quality issues with stakeholders with the ultimate goals being the identification of root cause, stopping the inflow and remediating backlog.
- Monitor and flag (where appropriate) any Data Quality issues with the Energy Markets Risks and Issues Register, and follow through.
- Maintain log of all known Data Quality issues and their statuses, and regularly communicate updates to stakeholders.
- Support ERP Transformation project with respect to Data Quality and Governance.
- Support Wholesale Markets with respect to Data Quality and Governance.
- Coordinate Data Quality and Data Governance stakeholder meetings.
- Support data quality policies and standards, and communicate/champion these standards.
- Distribute regular Data Quality reporting (dashboards and monitors) with relevant commentary.
- Ensure all documentation of Data Quality standards and rules is current, clear and accessible.
- Support the monitoring of the Data Quality team Inbox, for appropriate allocation of actions.
- Significant experience in data, analysis, governance, or related function, in an energy/utility company (or other retail organisation with a large customer base).
- Experience in embracing new styles of working, with an agile approach to stakeholder engagement and data quality development.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an agile team – may require coaching and/or training other team members.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, extract insights, and develop business cases to support data quality and governance initiatives.
- Tertiary qualification in technology, commerce or similar discipline(s), or significant relevant industry experience.
- Experience in relational databases, information management and business analyst function experience desirable.
- SAP knowledge/skills and understanding of database concepts and practical applications of data, including big data environments desirable.
- Familiarity with languages including HiveQL, Java, SQL. Familiarity of Talend and/or QAS desirable.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, which fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Tamanna Usman on 03 8633 6890.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now