Job no: 497440
Work type: Full time, Full Time - Flexible
Location: VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
Categories: Engineering, VIC - Traralgon - AGL Loy Yang
- Newly created inhouse role
- Great lifestyle roster – 9-day fortnights
- Rural location only 2 hours from Melbourne
Are you a passionate people leader and experienced heavy industrial planner looking to build you career with an ASX50 company? At AGL, the skys the limit. Are you with us?
About the Role
Leading a team of maintenance planners, this role is responsible for the processes, standards and delivery of maintenance planning activities at our Loy Yang station. This varied role will see you involved in all aspects of team leadership as well as active participation as a senior planner, coordinating day to day break in planning, managing planning request backlogs and assignments to individuals and providing management of the overall planning standards. This role is a part of a rotating roster with an early start time to manage planning team coverage to the station.
- Develop, implement, and manage planning standards, tools and processes across the business including contractors in consultation with key stakeholders
- Lead members of the planning team in the delivery of maintenance planning
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to identify and implement efficiencies around maintenance planning, scheduling and execution through a continuous improvement approach
- Management of unplanned outages as required including after hours as required
- Manage daily emergency break in work including identifying and coordinating most efficient and effective use of resources.
- Exceptional knowledge and application of planning processes, scheduling systems and CMMS
- Demonstrated planning leadership experience and the ability to hit the ground running in a management capacity
- Proven experience in all aspects of people leadership including team development, individual mentoring and disciplinary action
- Significant experience in developing CMMS tools (SAP or Asset Suite)
- Extensive planning experience gained in a heavy industrial environment
- Recognised trade qualifications, engineering qualification or relevant significant experience
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to influence change to imbed new ways of working and systems
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working onsite of one of Australia’s largest power stations in a beautiful rural setting and get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business.
You will be exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career, working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Jane Gaylor on 03 8633 6733.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now