IT Resource & Demand Manager
Job no: 497421
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Technology, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
AGL is delivering a significant, large and complex range of strategic, transformational and stay in business range of programs and projects and the Resource & Demand Manager will be integral to successful delivery across the enterprise. The function will encompass permanent FTE, consultant, contract and onshore and offshore vendor resources and must manage a comprehensive and forward plan for all resource requirements.
The Resource & Demand Manager will need to complete detailed, data driven scenario planning and option analysis with recommendations delivered to Senior Leaders across the organisation.
- Establish the Resource & Demand Management function within IT
- Perform resource capacity planning for IT build and run functions drawing on internal FTE, contract, consultant and onshore/offshore vendor team members
- Work with the business to identify and assign resources to projects
- Drive achievement of targets by establishing and maintaining IT wide resource plan and forecast
- Prepare data driven models outlining resource requirements, including building and facilities needs
- Complete regular, insightful reporting to enable IT to meet enterprise objectives
- Forster positive and effective working relationships with HR, Careers and external recruitment agencies to secure the right talent for the organisation
- Manage contractor support processes such as initial engagement, timesheeting and renewal processes experience
- Demonstrated experience in the development of technology resourcing management function, tools and supporting processes
- Ability to maximise productivity through resource management strategy and execution
- Demonstrated experience delivering reporting dashboard and key metrics tool
- Strong skills in matching resource needs to available talent drawing on a range of resourcing channels
- Experience working with multiple vendors with a mix of onshore and offshore resources
- Strong MS Project, including Project Online skills highly regarded
- Strong JIRA experience including Portfolio Management module highly regarded
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link.
For a confidential discussion, please call Laura Sharpe on 03 8633 7430.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now