Customer Analyst- Data Scientist
Job no: 496951
Work type: Full time
Location: VIC - Melbourne CBD
Categories: Marketing, Technical and Operations, Technology, Customer Experience, VIC - Melbourne CBD
About the Role
The Senior Customer Analyst has the unique opportunity to be a core contributor in the New Energy Analytics & Planning Team, supporting the New Energy Leadership Team in developing and implementing strategic priorities that deliver meaningful financial contribution, while driving AGL New Energy's strategic growth objectives with high-value actionable customer and market insights. This position plays a key role in creating an advanced customer analytics capability in AGL New Energy, to generate and harness insights that drive and support strategic decisions such as technology and product development for New Energy. This position is also expected to work across the New Energy teams and the broader AGL business, and is expected to build robust and sustainable relationships with peers and stakeholder groups across AGL.
New Energy is at the forefront of AGL's strategic direction and is responsible to identify, develop and/or invest in, and deliver new and disruptive technologies through scalable and profitable solutions. This will be achieved through innovative product and services, negotiating, executing and integrating quality commercial agreements and strategic partnerships ensuring AGL establishes a market leading position and competitive advantage that creates value in a fast changing environment.
- Support the delivery of New Energy strategic priorities through data-driven customer and market insights and foresights
- Provide thought leadership on customer analytics techniques and capabilities that would add value to New Energy.
- Lead conduct and manage customer/market segmentation and insight research projects , analyse the research results, and translate the results into actionable information that help the business understand the market, the customers unmet needs, and how the customers' needs can and are met by New Energy products and services, customer journey and experience
- Ensure the development of strategy, planning and customer value propositions (innovative, compelling and differentiated) are underpinned by insights
- Establish methods and processes for analysing data from a variety of internal data sources and external data sources.
- Communicate and present key findings and insights to key stakeholders to influence decision making, including regular insights reports, blogs or newsletters
- A relevant statistical qualification (e.g. Applied Statistics, Actuarial, Analytical or Digital Marketing)
- Previous experience in a Data Scientist role or similar with minimum 3 years' experience is advantageous
- Strong hands-on data science skills including advanced techniques and analytical tools. E.g. statistical and predictive modelling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques and recommendation algorithms that drive business insights and actions
- A genuine interest in human behaviour and extensive customer analytics experience
- A consumer mindset, capable of finding and creating growth and customer experience
- Experience with either of the following will be well regarded:
- IoT streaming data analytics, including smart/connected homes
- Acquisition and retention value metrics
- Sales and marketing effectiveness
- Psychographic analysis
- Retail energy industry customers
- Lean Product Development and Scaled Agile Framework
- Self-starter who can work autonomously and deliver high quality results
What's in it for you?
- You'll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
- You'll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
- Working in a company the size of ours the sky's the limit for your career aspirations and we're focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. APPLICATIONS CLOSE Friday 23rd June 5PM. For any questions, please call Esther Baek on 03 9206 8952.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now