Job no: 496842
Work type: Full time
Location: NSW - Camden
Categories: Technical and Operations
AGL is one of Australia's leading integrated energy companies and largest ASX listed owner, operator and developer of renewable energy generation in the country. Drawing on over 175 years of experience, AGL operates retail and merchant energy businesses and power generation assets.
AGL has one of Australia's largest retail energy and dual fuel customer bases. AGL has a diverse power generation portfolio including base, peaking and intermediate generation plants, spread across traditional thermal generation as well as renewable sources including hydro, wind, landfill gas and biomass. AGL is taking action toward creating a sustainable energy future for our investors, communities and customers.
About the Role
Reporting into the Driller this position is an entry level role and works under supervision as part of the Workover and Completions Team to facilitate the production of gas. The incumbent works as part of a team to support the production activities to achieve the production of gas in a safe and resource-effective manner.
- Attend Pre-Job Hazard Assessment and Safety Meetings
- Receive Job information and instruction from Rig Manager and Driller
- Assist to confirm that all necessary equipment is available
- Assist to confirm that all necessary equipment is in safe working condition
- Use all required PPE appropriate for work area
- Identify and reduce or remove hazards from the work site
- Assist with completion of Job Safety and Environmental Analysis (JSEA)
- Review JSEA information prior to starting tasks
- Assist with spotting equipment on worksites
To be successful in this position you will have a demonstrated mechanical aptitude (no formal qualification is needed)
You possess the ability to work well in a team and have a positive attitude towards the work along with the ability to learn quickly and to follow Health Safety and Environment policies and procedures.
Additional requirements include-
- High level of physical fitness to meet the requirements of this labour intensive role.
- Able to work outdoors, in harsh conditions.
- Able to work away from home for long periods of time.
- Confined Space entry ticket
- Truck licence (minimum MR)
- Senior First Aid
What’s in it for you?
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative employees in the business.
You will be exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career, working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, where "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now